Skip to Main content Skip to Navigation
Journal articles

Defensive secretion of Therea petiveriana: chemical identification and evidence of an alarm function

Abstract : The volatile constituents of the supposed defensive secretions of the glandular pouches of the adults of both sexes of the cockroach Therea petiveriana have been shown to contain N-3-methylbutylacetamide (MBA) and N-3-methylbutylpropanamide (MBP), which represented 60% of the volatile fraction. The other 40% included acidic, aromatic, and aldehydic compounds. Behavioral experiments demonstrated that the secretion acts as an alarm pheromone for adults.
Document type :
Journal articles
Complete list of metadata

https://hal.inrae.fr/hal-02677511
Contributor : Migration ProdInra Connect in order to contact the contributor
Submitted on : Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 7:28:29 PM
Last modification on : Thursday, July 7, 2022 - 6:02:17 AM

Links full text

Identifiers

Collections

Citation

Jean-Pierre Farine, Etienne Semon, Claude Everaerts, Dehbia Abed Vieillard, Philippe Grandcolas, et al.. Defensive secretion of Therea petiveriana: chemical identification and evidence of an alarm function. Journal of Chemical Ecology, Springer Verlag, 2002, 28 (8), pp.1629-1640. ⟨10.1023/A:1019932630787⟩. ⟨hal-02677511⟩

Share

Metrics

Record views

15